When I was growing up the kids in my neighborhood often played soldiers, drilling, marching up and down, having mock battles. I had a small drum and learned to whistle because you can’t play a fife and a drum at the same time! I also spent a lot of time playing Robin Hood, making bows of sticks. My kids loved their castles and knights and swords and armor. Children in our time of study loved them, too. Our trick is to keep our kids from hurting each other in the process of hack and bash.
- *Castles – http://wp.me/P64CxW-gG
- *Hobby Horses and Scopperels – http://wp.me/P64CxW-7o
- **Make your own – http://wp.me/P64CxW-8z
- **Pool Noodle Horses – http://wp.me/P64CxW-g2
- *Armor and Weaponry – http://wp.me/P64CxW-gN
- *Gotta have crowns and dragons, right? – http://wp.me/P64CxW-gS
Page created 7/9/15, Published 5/4/17 (C)M. Bartlett